Monday, September 26, 2011

Fighting Myself


How can I make someone else happy,
When I, myself, am not happy.

I feel like I’m fighting a war.
But I’m losing every battle.
And the enemy is myself.

One battle over my heart,
Which lies with two different people.
One with whom I cant seem to let go,
The other who wants nothing more than my happiness.

And on the other hand,
My mother tells me I don’t love her anymore,
And that I always leave her lonely.
But all I want it to make a better like for myself,
Working, going to school, just to make her proud.

Why am I always so worried about making everyone else happy,
When the one person I should be worried about is myself.

1 comment:

  1. This poem made me really think about life,has so many thoughts in it.as I was rearing I thought about myself.great poem.

    ReplyDelete